1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the salt and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl and roll the cooled cookies in the sugar to coat.