Vegetable soup is perfectly seasoned with herbs and spices, and the variety of vegetables will fill you up and leave you oh so satisfied. Ready in just 45 minutes, you’re going to love this family favorite soup!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions chopped, about 1 medium onion
- 1 cup celery chopped, about 3 ribs of celery
- 1 cup carrots diced, about 4 carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups potatoes cubed, about 3 potatoes
- 1 cup green beans chopped, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Cook for a few minutes till the onions soften, making sure not to brown them.
- Add garlic, potatoes, green beans, and corn and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add in the thyme and oregano.
- Add canned tomatoes and broth and bring everything to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 1058mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4410IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg